We’ve taken the pleasure of summarising the latest Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) newsletter from the Environment Agency for you.
Phase 2 Qualification and Compliance
- You can start your ESOS audit work now, there is no need to wait for the qualification date of 31st December 2018. The deadline for complying with Phase 2 is 5th December 2019.
- The audits need to have at least one year’s energy measurement, from any time between 6 December 2015 and 5 December 2019. With the audit itself is carried out no later than 24 months after the data period and the data has not already been used for an audit in Phase 1.
- For further info: Complying with the Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
- For queries relating to ESOS Phase 2, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Simplified Energy and Carbon Reporting
- On 18 July BEIS published the government response to the consultation on Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR). The response and impact assessment can be found here https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/streamlined–energy–and–carbonreporting
- SECR aims to reduce the overlap in legislation and reduce reporting burden.
- SECR will be introduced from April 2019 to coincide with the end of the current CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme.
- SECR is not replacing ESOS, which will continue separately with the planned future phases.
- While ESOS and SECR are separate, you can use information from one to support reporting for the other.
- Further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Reporting@beis.gov.uk